Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Enterprise Wide Security Plan

From: Derek Hilley <dhilley () ACCD EDU>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 16:07:39 -0600

Hello All,

I am relatively new to the discussion list, but after reading Bruce
Purcell's email it sounds like everyone responds well.

The Community College I work at will be implementing an Enterprise Wide
Security Solution in the following months.

The questions we have are as follows:

1)  Can you suggest policies and plans from institutions that have
implemented Enterprise Wide Security?  I have research a few that I have
seen previously on the listserv.

2)  Main areas of concerns are:
        -Antivirus
        -AntiSpam(30% of our traffic)
        -Intrusion Detection
        -Bandwidth Management.
Any suggestions of a solution, product(s), and/or helpful research?

Thank you for your help in advance!

All the Best,

Derek Hilley
Project Manager - Information Technologies
Alamo Community College District
(O) (210)220-1671
(F) (210)220-1671