Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: New Guidelines to Help Protect Against Cyberattacks

From: Randy Marchany <marchany () VT EDU>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 20:01:21 -0500

The NIST standards along with NSA, SANS and the Center for Internet Security
standards for various OS platforms is incorporated in the CIS' Security
benchmark toolkit. We're using this tool on our critical systems so I gues I
can say we are using the NIST standards as a benchmark.

The CIS toolkit (W2K, Windows NT, Linux, Solaris, HP-UX, AIX, Cisco) is free
and at http://www.cisecurity.org.

        Randy Marchany
        VA Tech Computing Center
        Blacksburg, VA 24060