Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Acceptable Use Policies -- Summary

From: Bruce Purcell <bpurcell () CSUHAYWARD EDU>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 16:27:47 -0800

All:

Thanks to everyone who responded. I received far more answers than I
could ever hope to reply to individually. I've been looking at all of
the individual AUPs that I received -- it's been good bedtime reading!
Additionally, several people sent URLs for repositories of links to
literally hundreds of AUPs. A couple of really good ones:

 <http://rescomp.stanford.edu/directory/others.html>
http://rescomp.stanford.edu/directory/others.html
 <http://www.educause.edu/icpl> http://www.educause.edu/icpl
http://www.cornell.edu/cpl/Policies/

and what I think is a really good site in general at Virginia Tech:

 <http://security.vt.edu> http://security.vt.edu

I will be sure to use material from several so that I can call it
research rather than steal one and have it called plagiarism ;-)

Thanks again to everyone.

Bruce Purcell
Enrollment Services
Director, PM/TS