Educause Security Discussion mailing list archives

Re: SECURITY Listserv Instructions and ParticipationGu idelines

From: Gene Spafford <spaf () CERIAS PURDUE EDU>
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 22:13:24 -0500

At 16:17 -0400 7/03/02, St. Laurent, Tim wrote:

 I think part of the problem, a very big part in my
opinion, is the fact that many of these government grants do not come
with funds to adequately support such systems.

I have raised this issue with program managers in various agencies.
Their response is that they believe it is the university's
responsibility, and that any such costs should come out of the
overhead charges (IDC) that the universities put on all such grants.