BreachExchange mailing list archives

2 isle banks block customers' cards after security breach

From: Erica Absetz <eabsetz () opensecurityfoundation org>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 10:42:50 -0500

http://www.staradvertiser.com/s?action=login&f=y&id=194112561&id=194112561

Bank of Hawaii and First Hawaiian Bank have blocked debit and credit
cards for an unspecified number of customers as a precaution after a
restaurant on Oahu had its computer system breached.

"As a proactive measure and a precaution to help protect our
customers, we blocked customers' cards who we knew patronized that
restaurant during a certain time period in February," Bankoh
spokesĀ­man Stafford KiguĀ­chi said Thursday. "However, not all of those
cards would have been necessarily compromised."