BreachExchange mailing list archives

The Medical Center has security breach

From: kirniki <kirniki () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 22:23:25 -0400

http://it.tmcnet.com/news/2010/04/28/4757472.htm

BOWLING GREEN -- The Medical Center at Bowling Green is notifying
5,418 patients whose medical information may have been breached when a
computer hard drive was stolen.

The computer hard drive was taken from the hospital's mammography
suite and contained information from patients who underwent bone
density testing between 1997 and 2009.

Hospital officials learned the hard drive was missing on April 1.

"Upon learning that it was missing, we immediately conducted a
comprehensive investigation internally. When it appeared it was a
criminal matter, we reported it to the Bowling Green Police," said
Doris Thomas, vice president.

[..]