BreachExchange mailing list archives

Banking and state regulations regarding the transmission of banking routing/account information

From: fzbrick <fzbrick () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 16:01:46 -0400

Hi,

Is anyone aware of written regulations regarding how bank routing and
account information should be transmitted over the internet?

Intuitively, it needs to be encrypted, however what seems clear to others
isn't to others.  I need a banking regulation, federal law, or banking
requirement that says

"Bank Routing and Account information shall be encrypted".

Sorry, I am dealing with difficult people, who will not believe me, and need
it spelled out to them in near comic book form.

Thanks