BreachExchange mailing list archives

Re: Unnamed Acquirer Processor Breach Timeline, some additional confirmation

From: "Clint P. Garrison" <garrison.clint () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 10:49:44 -0600

I'm following this "potential" new breach closely because it has an
impact on the integrity of the entire PCI program. Here's my take on
Visa and MC staying quiet.

The new Compliant Service Provider list that Visa maintains is due to
be updated in about a week. Merchants are required to make sure their
service providers are PCI complaint and most rely on this list.
Currently Heartland and RBS Worldpay are listed as "* Current PCI DSS
status is under review".  If they know of another processor that is
currently breached shouldn't they reflect that on the list so
merchants can stay compliant with 12.8.4. If not, what is the point of
publishing the first place if it's not an accurate reflection of a
Service Providers status?

http://usa.visa.com/merchants/risk_management/cisp_service_providers.html

Clitn P. Garrison