BreachExchange mailing list archives

Re: Unnamed Acquirer Processor Breach Timeline, some additional confirmation

From: hobbit () avian org (*Hobbit*)
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 14:42:02 +0000 (GMT)

What seems likely to happen along with all this and future disclosures,
is lots of legalese flung about geared toward the credit outfits
weaseling out of the $50 maximum customer liability.  If it hasn't
happened already, I don't really follow the credit side of things.
But you can bet your own bottom dollar that the "safety guarantee"
I so often hear associated with plastic will be a thing of the
past as the fraud picture gets worse.

Maybe this will start to finally wean people *off* the damn things.

_H*