BreachExchange mailing list archives

Re: what do you think of a dataloss workshop?

From: "James Ritchie, CISA, QSA" <james_ritchie () sbcglobal net>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 11:55:43 -0500

Besides adding a section on business governance and their fiduciary responsibility and how it relates to protecting data assets within their perimeter Maybe we can have a workshop on creating a certification that could address all compliance issues. When they build boats, they all have to meet US Coast Guard regulations and inspections. The NMMA certification exceeds Coast Guard requirements and is a non-profit org. Is it possible to bring together one certification that can bring in legal, regulatory, contractual, and internal compliance while creating baseline security that should address all issues?

j0hnny wrote:
I, too am interested in attending and would speak as well, if invited
to do so. My current talk ("No Tech Hacking", based on my latest book)
is doing very well. The DEFCON version (geared towards a hacker crowd)
is archived here:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2160824376898701015

Johnny

"I'm Johnny. I hack stuff"