BreachExchange mailing list archives

Re: OH: Stolen computer tape holds all state employees' IDs

From: "B.K. DeLong" <bkdelong () pobox com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 11:38:41 -0400

Ahhh, semantics and politics - two best friends.

On 6/15/07, MKEVHILL () aol com <MKEVHILL () aol com> wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the fact that a company losses data is the
definition of a data breach. So when the Governor of Ohio says:

"We have no reason to believe there's any breach of security at this time,
and we think it is unlikely that a breach will occur,"

that in fact a breach has already occurred since he announced that data has
been stolen.

Thanks for your help,

Mike

Tracking more than 209 million compromised records in 700 incidents over 7
years.

--
B.K. DeLong (K3GRN)
bkdelong () pobox com

http://www.wkdelong.org                    Son.
http://www.ianetsec.com                    Work.
http://www.bostonredcross.org             Volunteer.
http://www.carolingia.eastkingdom.org   Service.
http://bkdelong.livejournal.com             Play.

PGP Fingerprint:
38D4 D4D4 5819 8667 DFD5  A62D AF61 15FF 297D 67FE

FOAF:
http://foaf.brain-stream.org