BreachExchange mailing list archives

Re: OH: Stolen computer tape holds all state employees' IDs

From: MKEVHILL () aol com
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 11:26:15 EDT

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the fact that a company losses data is the
definition of a data breach. So when the Governor of Ohio says:
“We have no reason to believe there's any breach of security at this time,
and we think it is unlikely that a breach will occur,”
that in fact a breach has already occurred since he announced that data has
been stolen.
Thanks for your help,
Mike