BreachExchange mailing list archives

TJX Caginess...Or, I'd Love to Find Out about the Technology Involved

From: Beth Rosenberg <beth () sandstorm net>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 14:19:40 -0500

I've been scrambling around the web looking for more information about the TJX breach than I'm finding. I don't care about the figures of how many people were affected, but rather about the technology the company was using, and how the breachers were able to go through it so easily:

What kinds of servers? Firewalls? Network configurations? Anything that would lead me to figure out how so many holes could have been so open without anyone noticing, or at least coming public with it.

Any pointers would be immensely helpful...  Thanks.