Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: HP getting sued

From: Charisse Castagnoli <charisse () charissec com>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 10:53:59 -0600

Wow - that is a creative lawyer (or a bored or not billable one)
Not sure this line of liability will work since likely all the users signed a license agreement when they bought the
printer that limits their remedy.  And unfair business practices are really designed to be used by competitors not
consumers.

Also the supreme court has ruled that potential disclosure of PII is a "future harm that the court can not address"

thanks for pointing this out I will definitely follow the case as it develops.

charisse
(a former attorney)