Dailydave mailing list archives

INFILTRATE 2012 Speakers are UP!

From: Dave Aitel <dave () immunityinc com>
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2011 15:50:58 -0400

http://infiltratecon.com/speakers.html

First of all, I wanted to comment on the selection of the keynote
speakers , Andrew Cushman and Thomas Lim.  What we looked for in a
keynote speaker was "unique and relevant perspective".  Keynotes are not
supposed to be technical - and are generally much harder to write and
give than technical talks. They bring together vast, disparate subjects
into a coherent picture. They are non-linear. They should inspire you,
rather than inform you.

Thomas Lim, is someone many of you know from his SyScan conference, or
from his work as CEO of COSEINC. In my opinion, he's one of the most
underestimated people in the industry - always at the heart of it, yet
never in the spotlight. His geographical position and focus (I think he
speaks all the languages in SE Asia) and his over a decade of experience
in the offensive information security world allows him to bring a
strategic attacker's eye perspective on the conference topics.

Andrew Cushman, of course, speaks from the other side of the chasm. I
first met him while working for @stake as a consultant, helping
Microsoft secure IIS 6.0. And to this day, there is nothing publicly
available that targets IIS 6 in a real way. In this industry, sometimes
people make a real difference. Andrew Cushman is one of them and over
the last decade, Andrew Cushman and Co. has been the team to beat.

And of course, the technical talks, which are entirely offensive in
nature, without rules or limits on disclosure policies. There are
slightly less talks on heap overflows this year - but the talks are
still technically challenging. I'm encouraging the team to have Cuban
coffee available at all times to make sure you can keep up with advanced
C++ static analysis from Julian Vanegue , or the updated BEAST talk, or
Leonardo Alminana talking about Real World ???????.

You can hit the speaker's link above for the full list of talks (which
we extended to 8 a day). There's some surprises. We know you like surprises.

-dave

--
INFILTRATE 2012 January 12th-13th in Miami - the world's best offensive information security conference.
www.infiltratecon.com