Dailydave mailing list archives

Projections

From: Dave Aitel <dave () immunityinc com>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 06:54:54 -0400

In the accounting and business world "projections" is the term for "how
much money will I probably make". In everyone else's world, the term is
"baloney".

Nonetheless, you have to at some point make projections about what
technologies are going to succeed in order to build your team properly
to tackle them in the future. And if you happen to have an attack team,
this is one of the things you can ask them about to find out if they're
serious: "What new and emerging technologies are going to be relevant in
the near future?"

For example, Android and iOS are clear winners. But what about a third
option? Who is the Fanta to their Coke and Pepsi? I can tell you only
one thing: It's not Windows Mobile Phone System 7 365.

Ars Technica Said