Dailydave mailing list archives

Reading is hard

From: Dave Aitel <dave () immunityinc com>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 16:26:19 -0400

So we have a different methodology for talk acceptance for INFILTRATE
than most conferences: We call you with questions.

This can be hard, in the sense that some of the best talks are in
subjects without many subject matter experts, but if you submitted a
talk, and we have any questions, you'll get a phone call from one or all
of us. I just think it's a better way to do things, and frankly, I think
you deserve it for submitting a talk.

Also, frankly, we just like talking to people about this stuff, which is
part of why we throw the conference in the first place. Attacks are more
complex and interesting than they seem. There's new work being done even
in the sphere of SQL Injection. How cool is that?

-dave