Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Bilateral Relations.

From: Yiorgos Adamopoulos <yiorgos.adamopoulos () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 11:00:16 +0300

On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 5:58 AM, Tim Newsham <tim.newsham () gmail com> wrote:
from the strategic cyber security web page:
"There are two primary reasons why IPv6 scores well in this research.
First, as a technology,
IPv6 is more resistant to outside influence than the other proposed
strategies, particularly
deterrence and arms control, which should make it a more reliable
investment. Second, IPv6
addresses the most significant advantage of cyber attackers today – anonymity."

Do you know what this is referring to?
In what ways is it expected that ipv6 will address anonymity?
Is there a particular IPv6 technology that the author anticipates will be
deployed with IPv6?

The coverage of IPv6 in the book is not technical. It states the usual
facts of IPSEC, no need for NAT and the concerns about privacy that
are expressed by various groups. The most interesting chapter in the
book is Chapter 10 where the author employs the DEMATEL method in
order to explain how IPv6 offers advantages.

[ OT: Does anybody know where one can find basic reading material
about DEMATEL? I've seen various literature using variations of it
with many of the authors originating from China. However I am unable
to locate copies of the original DEMATEL papers or even a good survey
on the subject. ]

I've taken the liberty to Bcc: the author of the book, but as he is in
between switching countries, he may be unavailable.

--
http://gr.linkedin.com/in/yiorgos