Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Bilateral Relations.

From: Konrads Smelkovs <konrads () smelkovs com>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 22:01:52 +0100

To me three thoughts emerged:

* Russian centralised power obeys the official party line and until
"the generals" say abandon cyber arms control approach, the
lieutenants will continue pushing it even if it is in vain. Somebody
may have had a bad idea and won't reverse until retired.

* such treaty will cripple the defence of networks in western world
more than control aggressors for obvious reasons. The APT guys will
have a laugh over coffee and carry on.

* lastly, some arms treatise have been a nice way for Russia to save
face because their serious weapons like nukes are deteriorating or
army is bad at major manouvers. If nobody has a stick, there's no
point worrying about a defence from a stick.