Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Exploits matter.

From: Tom Parker <tom () rooted net>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 11:26:39 -0400

IMO, when it comes to exploits.. as a rule of thumb; if it can be purchased
in a non-exclusive manner, or found on the interwebs == public. I suppose
you could argue that the second an exploit leaves your system, whether to
give away, share with a peer for research purposes, or to sell - it becomes
public; however there's obviously an element of subjectivity here. After
all, one mans 0day that they just paid for when buying <insert commercial
security tool here> is the nexts 180+day. :>