Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Friday afternoon RAND fail. :>

From: "Gunter Ollmann" <gunter () damballa com>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 22:22:04 +0000 (UTC)

Who writes this kind of drivel? While I'm sure there may be arguments for
and against a statement like that are going to be plentiful, this sounds
so uninformed IMHO.

I obviously don't believe that statement to be true; not now or in the
future. It would be naive to believe so, and dangerous to base actions on
a conclusion like this.

With that in mind you'll probably note the Rand statement on page two "All
RAND monographs undergo rigorous peer review to ensure high standards for
research quality and objectivity." -- Really? I wonder what the monograms
that don't undergo peer review say.

-- Gunter