Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Speculation

From: "Thomas Ptacek" <tqbf () matasano com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 13:50:19 -0500

Dan not telling us what he found: fine.

Dan telling the press he found something awesome: fine.

Dan arguing that for the good of the Internet, the public can't know
what he found until he gets on stage at Black Hat: fine.

Dan and Paul Vixie telling people they can't go find it themselves
because they're running a secret cabal that has decided that certain
ISPs get to know what the vulnerability is, but some of the world's
largest financial institutions don't? NOT FINE.

What can I do about it? Nothing.

Am I pissed at Dan about it? No. His finding, his terms.

Do I feel bad about the hits Dan is taking? Grow the fuck up.

On 7/19/08, Paul Vixie <vixie () isc org> wrote:
We're not talking about what Dan says. ...

 actually, somebody was, when they said:

 > > > How about, and this is JUST AN IDEA, we have a system where something
 > > > other than a cabal of Paul Vixie and Dan Kaminsky deciding who gets to
 > > > know?

but if that was meaningless hyperbole and nobody has a better idea, then i
 admit i was wrong to press for details on a proposed alternate.

 > And while we're on the subject of Dan? CRY ME A RIVER, Paul. ...

 to all those here whom i've annoyed, i apologize.  ttfn.

 --

 believed to be clean.

--
---