Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: VPC

From: "Thorsten Holz" <thorsten.holz () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 16:51:24 +0100

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 1:54 PM, Dave Aitel <dave () immunityinc com> wrote:

 There's another one called CWSandbox that has a free web form you can
 send exe's to.

You can either send a sample to <https://cwsandbox.org/?page=submit>
or <http://research.sunbelt-software.com/submit.aspx>
More info about the tool is available in an article
(<http://pi1.informatik.uni-mannheim.de/filepool/publications/j2holz.pdf>)
 and an example report is
<https://cwsandbox.org/?page=details&id=156851&password=iokop>

(They hook a bunch of things but I think you can escape
 the hooking by calling system calls directly?)

But then you are not platform independent. CWSandbox was originally
designed to automatically analyze the malware we capture with the help
of honeypots (worms, bots, ...), but has evolved a lot since then.

Cheers,
  Thorsten