Dailydave mailing list archives

Google Robot and Black ICE

From: Adriel Desautels <adriel () netragard com>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 20:03:01 -0500

Greetings,
I was just looking over some IDS events and noticed that Google keeps looking for blackice.ini on one of our web servers. Does anyone have any idea as to why Google would be doing this? This happens on average 3-5 times a day. Nothing critical, just curious. Every time Google tries the request is denied.

Event:
------
Blocked access to : /blackice.ini
Reason            : URL file extension is restricted by policy
SOURCE IP         : crawl-66-249-73-113.googlebot.com
Detected On       : Web Server Logs, NIDS, Firewall Logs

--

Regards,
        Adriel T. Desautels

        Join the Netragard, LLC. Linked In Group:
        http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/48683/0B98E1705142