Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: confirming it's a person

From: "Isaac Dawson" <isaac.dawson () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 23:51:08 +0900

I think a lot of this is just guess work if we don't know what the purpose
is. Is this to protect a login form on a web site?
One thing that I've always wondered is how well a site that has good state
management will fair against a brute force attempt.
If the user must go through 2-3 actions to login, it should be pretty easy
to determine if that sequence is being repeated more
than is normal for a human as the system can track the progress of where the
user 'is' on the server side.
-isaac