Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: From blackbox to grey-box during Web App tests

From: "Andre Gironda" <andre () operations net>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 12:48:22 -0500

On 10/10/07, Thomas Ptacek <tqbf () matasano com> wrote:
It's nice that they're doing this for JVM, but isn't this exactly what
PaiMei and BinNavi (and, if you want to get snarky, gcov) do for
native binaries?

PaiMei and BinNavi are fuzzer trackers, as I explained.  gcov is more
of a basic line coverage tool, isn't it?  See:
http://bullseye.com/coverage.html

Can someone help me understand what web app magic this tool adds?

Here is the presentation where I first learned about what Tracer
actually does, inferring why it was created and what its uses are -
http://www.blackhat.com/presentations/bh-europe-07/Kureha/Presentation/bh-eu-07-chess-kureha-ppt-apr19.pdf

Cheers,
Andre