Dailydave mailing list archives

Risk Management Services

From: "Dave Aitel" <dave.aitel () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 19:58:05 -0400

A HIDS shakeup? Sana takes in more money and Ross Brown gets fired from
eEye's CEO all in the same day? I never can get anyone to buy HIDS. We often
recommend it in our reports, but no company ever bites the bullet and does
it. Perhaps when they think HIDS they think this:
http://media1.break.com/dnet/media/content/pic2903.jpg .

I wanted to point out that Applied Security has posted the results from
their shmoocon hacking contest (note that I come in last!).
http://www.appliedsec.com/conferences.html

They've also got a server set up so everyone can play, which, I have to say,
takes cojones. I guess that's the sort of thing you can do when you are a
sponsor for GRSecurity.

-dave