Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Vista speach recognition

From: "George Ou" <george_ou () lanarchitect net>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 13:23:04 -0800

Very good question Sebastian.  One would think that the OS should know what
audio came out of itself and what audio came in from a fresh external source
like the Microphone just for the elimination of a nasty looping feedback
problem.  If you permitted sound from the computer itself to enter back in
to the system and get amplified again by the Mic, you're looking at nasty
feedback issues.

But it's still very possible that the OS will pick up some audio from sound
playback.  I've worked with Vista sound commands and dictation and it does
require you to calibrate the thing to your spoken voice.  I didn't try to
have someone near me speak a command but if it's a similar voice it might
work.  I guess I could run a test where I record some commands with my voice
and then play it back really loud with voice command turned on to see if I
can fool the thing in to running the commands I want.  I'll let you know how
it turns out.

George