Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Tool announce: user mode single stepping

From: "Matt Conover" <mconover () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 11:10:40 -0800

Yes, I have seen tcodetrace before (and it was very inspiring)

Ahh, sorry then, I misinterpreted the wording of your email :)

But the latter is taken offline (this URL it is still included in umss-0.2package documentation). Is it going to be
available somewhere
besides google cache ?

I took it down temporarily because I'm in the process up putting out some
newer stuff. For now I restored the old stuff under "/projects", and I
recreated a new folder "/projects_new" where I've put the new content in the
new (experimental) format.

For my own use, I actually use a single repository all sharing source files
since I find it more manageable. So it takes me some time to convert them to
the .LIB based format since I don't use that format and therefore have to
manually backport updates. It would be a lot easier for me to make updates
if they are in this newer format.. so I'd like to get some feedback on the
old format:
http://www.cybertech.net/~sh0ksh0k/projects
versus the shared source format
http://www.cybertech.net/~sh0ksh0k/projects_new

Also I have noticed the DLL injection code produces strange behavior with
Visual Studio 2005. It will succeed to load the injected DLL into the target
process, but will then crash on exit. I'm guessing this is due to a benign
stack overflow that produces no noticeable error in Visual Studio 6 (which I
normally use) but causes the process to terminate (due to stack cookie being
modified) on Visual Studio 2005. So I would recommend using Visual Studio 6
since that's the only one I regularly use and test.