Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: The Week of Oracle Database Bugs [slightly off-topic]

From: "Arun Koshy" <arunkoshy () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 22:32:27 +1100

One of the things that we observe today are the levels of ridicule and
hurt that is deployed within our ecosystem ( i.e. security / biz /
whatever ). In the past, I've been guilty of it myself and have to
often try and watch that I do not repeat it.

Recently, we got to listen to an old man who designed missile guidance
systems and stuff in his younger days, here are a few things that he
shared :

<quote>

- Never consider yourself bigger or better or greater than others. In
my dealings with people who considered themselves great or small, I
always treat them as real people equally valuable to G-d.

- Judge people by their attitude and effort and not by their output.

- Learn to fan the flames than put out the fire. We naturally tend to
overlook the 98% which was done well but magnify the 2% that was not.

- Pray for everyone in sight.. Forgive those who hurt you unreasonably
.. understand that healed people heal people and hurt people hurt
people.

</quote>

Very simple stuff but if it works for this old gun, I have a feeling
that it may work for the rest of us.