Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: RE: Microsoft silently fixes security vulnerabilities

From: Pusscat <pusscat () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 11:10:02 -0400

As for time to reverse a given MS patch to find a specific vuln, it's
usually less than 2 hours from release to PoC.  Most of the time, patch day
turn around can be under 24 hours for developing a PoC for every vuln
released.

This is just an average though. Sometimes (a few lately come to mind) MS has
produced terrible patches that don't give anything away, and don't really
address the actual problem, whereas other times they practically hand you
the vuln gift wrapped in their FAQ or mitigations.