Dailydave mailing list archives

RE: Debugger effects Windows Heap?

From: "Dave Korn" <dave.korn () artimi com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 17:02:35 +0100

On 04 June 2006 09:22, RaMatkal wrote:

It was recently suggested to me that a debugged processes heap operates
differently to when the process is not being debugged (Windows) even when
you 'attach' with the debugger. (Thus the recomendation to switch off the
BeingDebugged variable in the PEB when writing exploits).

Firstly, anyone know if this is true?

Secondly, anyone know where i can find any info on this?

  Definitely.  Search MSDN, I've read about it there although I'm afraid I
can't find any decent search terms off the top of my head.

    cheers,
      DaveK