Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Probably the wrong forum... Python Polynomial Manipulation ?

From: Dan Moniz <dnm () pobox com>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 05:49:34 -0400

Halvar Flake wrote:

Hey all,
I am quite certain that this is the wrong place to ask, but does anyone know a python module
for manipulations of multivariate polynomials over finite fields (or at least GF(2)) ?

First guess: have you checked SciPy/NumPy?

Outside of that, I'd start looking for wrappers/bindings to GMP and the like. This should not be taken as my endorsement of GMP necessarily, but that's another (off-topic) discussion.

Disclosure: I don't actually hack math in Python, really. I may not have any idea what I'm talking about.

--
Dan Moniz <dnm () pobox com> [http://pobox.com/~dnm/]