Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: WMF and the Windows Vulnerability Drought :>

From: Barrie Dempster <barrie () reboot-robot net>
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 21:37:36 +0000

On Mon, 2006-01-02 at 16:20 -0500, Dave Aitel wrote:
<snip>

When people in this industry call other people irresponsible, what
they usually mean is they're upset for getting hit over the head with
a clue-stick.

Which is a bit hypocritical since the purpose of the handlers diary is
supposed to be to amplify the effects of said clue stick....

I'm surprised you didn't know it was irresponsible to publish important
information on holidays though. Everybody knows networks only need
protection from 9am-5pm using whatever time zone the admin is in. System
intrusions don't happen outside those hours - gentleman's agreement made
long ago !

Although, if you look at today's entry there is an attempt to suck-up to
Moore with a nice metasploit advert. I'm sure you're satisfied with the
SANS endorsement Moore, and you no longer have any doubts about your
projects merits. ;-)

--
With Regards..
Barrie Dempster (zeedo) - Fortiter et Strenue

"He who hingeth aboot, geteth hee-haw" Victor - Still Game

blog:  http://reboot-robot.net
sites: http://www.bsrf.org.uk - http://www.security-forums.com
ca:    https://www.cacert.org/index.php?id=3