Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: bugscan operations shut down

From: Matt Hargett <matt () use net>
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 07:05:12 +0000

Dave Aitel wrote:
That's weird - how far were you guys from profitability? Seems like a good idea to do Bugscan 2.0 on Mono. Was Mono giving you any problems? Any post-company-ideas to share with us?

Before the acquisition, we were profitable.

Mono works when it works, let me put it that way. Once we started building a relationship with Novell, bugs got fixed more quickly. In the beginning, though, they pushed back really hard even on fundamental bugs that affected any real application and ultimately had 3-5 line fixes. Even so, I would recommend mono for use in most situations. I would just get what they call a 'mono kickstart' package where you get support incidents, etc. Doing it without that, even if you are a Novell partner, can be slow/frustrating. Overall it was a great idea to use mono and it really paid off to be using mono/Linux on our appliance.

No ideas to share at this time, no. Maybe in a month or two :)