Dailydave mailing list archives

RE: Lynn / Cisco shellcode

From: "Dennis Cox" <dcox () tippingpoint com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 23:56:28 -0500

Torn.

That about sums it up. Half a dozen reasons why he was wrong to do it - half of dozen reasons why it's sad that felt he
had to.

Was his reason truly what he stated? Was he that passionate about it? Reminds me of "The Angry Young Man" song lyrics -
first verse.

I think deep down he spent so long on it and he got something he thought was really neat he didn't want to see it
squashed so he broke the rules of employment and presented it anyway. Then again where's the filter for this
protection? Does anybody protect against it? That's the scary part after that story about the whole witty worm thing I
get a nervous feeling about stuff like this.