Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Media Excitement!

From: pageexec () freemail hu
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 17:26:05 +0100

On 21 Apr 2005 at 13:27, robert () dyadsecurity com wrote:

Cody Hatch(bytejump () gmail com)@Thu, Apr 21, 2005 at 08:16:24PM +0000:
Where do we go from here, though? Why aren't solutions such as PaX,
grsecurity, systrace, etc. finding their way into commercial operating
systems? Where is the hold-up? Customers certainly don't enjoy the
patch-as-you-go model, but where are the commercial operating systems
and solutions that make use of such proactive security measures?

For products Look here:
http://www.commoncriteriaportal.org/public/developer/index.php?menu=6

which one of those "make[s] use of such proactive security measures?"
(assuming we're talking about 'intrusion prevention' here). and as a
side question, which one of those didn't have security patches since
their evaluation?