Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Media Excitement!

From: "Des Ward" <des_ward () o2 co uk>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 07:45:17 GMT

Totally agree, how many people see asset/change management as being related to security?

If people understood what's in their environment and made some effort to deploy builds/infrastructure with some
thought, not only would the securing of said environment be easier but the ops/support side of things would be so much
easier too (Plus costing less in money/time).

MS get a lot of stick, but who uses RIS/SUS server to create referenced builds? This is free technology that can help
with DR and simplifying build procedures.

IT needs to become more aware of it's responsibility and use what it has to its disposal instead of just blaming
vendors all the time.