Dailydave mailing list archives

Thoughts about Cross-View based Rootkit Detection

From: Joanna Rutkowska <joanna () invisiblethings org>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 13:40:56 +0200

Recently, cross-view based approach to rootkit detection, especially in
regards to hidden files and registry keys, became very popular. This is
mostly because of the recent release of the tools like Rootkit Revealer
and Black Light as well as Microsoft research project, with a friendly
name GhostBuster. Many people started to think that it is going to be
the ultimate way for detecting all rootkits and system compromises in
general...

So, I decided to put some of my thoughts about this into a short
article, which can be found here:

http://invisiblethings.org/papers/crossview_detection_thoughts.pdf

Best Regards,
joanna.