Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Re: help , scripting for security

From: Jeremy Kelley <jeremy () austin ibm com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 09:40:15 -0500

Quoting nd () felinemenace org (nd () felinemenace org):
if you have the balls to attempt to use smudge you should be given a
medal...
it has no documentation and is broken in many aspects and anyone who isn't
me tends to use it the wrong way. i actually havn't looked ran it/looked
at it for over six months.
therefore i recommend the use of spike. it's not written in python and it
*appears* as if it is broken on purpose sometimes so 0day found with it
before it's release stays 0day. but it's still rad.

haha!  I have to agree with this.  I spent about an hour reading
through smudge last night and ended up with a headache and a fuzzer
script that told me the httpd i was testing could handle "get
/index.html".  ;)

I may keep playing with it, but any scripts you've got (more than the
couple of ones that refer to the old POLECAT stuff/pre-smudge) that
you'd be willing to share would be really helpful.

jeremy

--
Jeremy Kelley <jeremy () austin ibm com>      Threat Assessment Analyst
gpg 1024D/E0DF8B2D 4BC3 B8B5 5B42 CC8E B6A9 2E85 32D3 C51C E0DF 8B2D