Dailydave mailing list archives

mqsvc fun

From: Dave Aitel <dave () immunitysec com>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 15:35:45 -0400

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS05-017.mspx

So Immunity released our exploit for mqsvc in CANVAS. It's only rated "Important" but I think it's neat anyways. Next up, I guess Exchange (go Mark Dowd and Ben Layer) and TCPIP.SYS. (go Neel Mehta!)

I honestly think it's weird when people talk about patch windows. Your patch window today was 25 minutes or negative 5 years, depending on how you look at it. Once you accept that 0day exists, you need to look into secondary layers of defense that actually work. Whining about the amount of exploit information available to the public is missing the point.

Dave Aitel
Immunity, Inc.