Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: ACM

From: Paul Wouters <paul () xelerance com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 21:51:01 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005, Richard Thieme wrote:

just an aside here ...

the sociologist Weber defined a "state" as that entity which had a monopoly on the sanctioned use of violence within
its boundaries.

so to that deifnition we might have to add -

"by any non-state entity."

Since when a state does it it is not terrorism, we have come to refer to "state terrorism" to re-make the point.

Not entirely, when Libya or Iraq did things (well, the US claimed Iraw did)
it was still called (state sanctioned/supported) terrorism. So our defination
should really be:

by any entity, state or not, except us, directed against our (economic)
interests (aka 'national security') in our Homeland or Abroad.

But who are we kidding. we're not talking about the French Terrorists of 1793,
are we?

Paul