Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: ACM

From: Richard Thieme <rthieme () thiemeworks com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 14:40:32 -0600

At 11:57 AM 1/12/2005 -0700, ken_i_m () fatair net wrote:
On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 09:23:05AM -0500, dan () geer org (dan () geer org) wrote:
Drop the puerile self-indulgence of conspiracy theorizing

I do not engage in conspiracy theorizing, puerile or otherwise.  I was
merely pointing to a pattern of terrorism that is more condemning then
the evidence presented to the American public to justify the overthrow
of other nations.

The US government's own definition of terrorism (and a reasonable one
too):
 Terrorism is the calculated use of violence, or the threat of violence,
 to produce goals that are political or ideological in nature.

just an aside here ...

the sociologist Weber defined a "state" as that entity which had a monopoly on the sanctioned use of violence within
its boundaries.

so to that deifnition we might have to add -

"by any non-state entity."

Since when a state does it it is not terrorism, we have come to refer to "state terrorism" to re-make the point.

Anyone who would claim that this measure of terrorism does not apply to
US actions is a hypocrite (by any reasonable definition of hypocrite),
should simply admit they are a hypocrite, and STFU.
--
Ken Dyke
"Bits at the speed of light"