Dailydave mailing list archives

Hackers with Rabbits

From: Dave Aitel <dave () immunitysec com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 17:24:54 -0500

So I wanted to recognize Alex Wheeler for his cool work on virus engines of all sorts.
http://xforce.iss.net/xforce/alerts/id/189
http://xforce.iss.net/xforce/alerts/id/188
http://xforce.iss.net/xforce/alerts/id/187

Of all these, I only wrote up the Symantec one so far for CANVAS. But I imagine there's tons of fun to be had with just that. It's pretty humilitating to get owned when you're a virus protection engine, guys! :> You have to wonder why companies selling appliances that do this sort of thing don't just install grsecurity.

For those of you who don't know Alex, he's married, lives in Atlanta, likes to drive fast cars, and has a rabbit. I actually know three people with rabbits in the "community". Chris Eng, Alex Wheeler, and myself. Rabbits are great pets for hackers because they are litter trained, but they don't completely destroy your sex life the way a cat would. So I made a new mailing list for people who have rabbits, since I think there's not a lot of great data about rabbits as pets, and it helps to ask questions of people who don't speak in baby language (subscribe to http://www.petbunny.net/petbunny/list/ for a while to see some funny baby-language posts).

Subscribe here:

-dave