Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: How T-Mobil's network was compromised

From: Chris Kuethe <chris.kuethe () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 12:37:39 -0700

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 09:33:48 -0800 (PST), gf gf
<unknownsoldier93 () yahoo com> wrote:
documentation.  Does any mobile carrier support PGP or
some other end-to-end encryption on their devices?
Yeeeeshh....

Not sure I'd trust PGP running on carrier hardware. These are the same
carriers who can do over the air programming and firmware upgrades.
Sure, I bought the handset, but I sure don't control it. It wouldn't
surprise me in the least if they were to instrument their pgp app with
key or plaintext recovery features in support of law enforcement...
When you think about it, having your phone/blackberry/whatever be your
wallet and your crypto token and your password vault just seems like a
bad idea.

CK