Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Anonymized

From: ken_i_m () fatair net
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 12:07:35 -0600

On Fri, Oct 08, 2004 at 09:35:05AM -0700, Rodney Thayer (rodney () canola-jones com) wrote:
At 01:54 PM 10/7/2004 +0000, Matt Hargett wrote:
Anton A. Chuvakin wrote:
I was so incredibly frustrated, mainly because at that time, NT had barely been around for 5 years, and certainly
not for 10.

The day the 8086 came out there were adverts in the Boston Globe
for people with 10 years experience coding on it.  Never trust
H-R to write job descriptions.

An evil human resources director explained to me once that the reason
they put n+ years experience in adverts is to induce self-filtering of
potential applicants.
--
Ken Dyke
"Bits at the speed of light"