Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Information System Security Assessment Framework (ISSAF) Draft 0.1

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 13:53:04 +0200

Dave Aitel wrote:
Yargs! That's a 1054 page PDF. There's a mispelling on page 544 though. Some packets get "drooped". Not that I should be commenting on the spelling of anyone else's work, since, as Bas says, "It's not a dave post without a mispelling".

My only request to the ISSAF is to turn the buzzword factor down just a bit. Even the announcement is hard to read. If I had to describe the pages I've read so far, I'd say "This PDF shows things you can learn from hping2". But now I've scrolled to a different page, and it's talking about OSPF router authentication stuff.

Reasonably good Oracle section, it turns out. (Page 440)

These guys need to convert it to OpenOffice format. It's hugely painful to read large documents as a PDF. This thing is basically a book. It reminds me of the Hackers Handbook, actually.

This is not an announcement, it is spam. I got it on several private mail boxes.

        Gadi.