Dailydave mailing list archives

[Fwd: Re: libnet]

From: dave <dave () immunitysec com>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 11:16:23 -0400

Forwarded...
-dave

--- Begin Message --- From: Frédéric Raynal <frederic.raynal () security-labs org>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 14:37:35 +0200
Sorry to bother you once more, I forgot to attach the README.ng.

        Fred

On Tue, Oct 05, 2004 at 02:30:59PM +0200, Frédéric Raynal wrote:

Hi,

I am  currently the main developper of libnet, and I am working on a
new version which is already available for testing.

http://www.security-labs.org/libnetng/

A friend of mine forwarded me your mail to DailyDave mailing list so I
answer off-list as this is out of topic.

Currently I'm removing libnet and replacing that with a library (that
I'm writing :/) that has a better more `fragrouter' type interface for
IDS evasion thats easy to use from a higher level. Oh yeah, its
written in C and it uses flex/bison too.

The 1.1 API was to strict and did not let the programer do whatever he
wanted to. So, I create new data structures to manipulate packets. I
still have some prtocols to port to the new API, but that is niot the
most difficult part of the job. I am working on a Solris port right
now.

There are many things I want to add to libnet :
- some kind of trigger mechanism using callback functions
- some network stack emulation (for a given protocol, I want the
  cleint to be a in such state, or the server in any other).

So, you may wonder why this mail ? In fact, I am always looking for
new ideas, request for features or even patches ;-)

Regards,

--
Frederic RAYNAL, Ph.D.
http://www.security-labs.org/