Dailydave mailing list archives

how about some netiquette? [was: (Fwd) Re: For those of you that don't know....]

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 00:40:42 +0200

pageexec () freemail hu wrote:
this came off-list (maybe unintentionally), but i think you might
find it useful.

Although I am not the guy who emailed you, this bugs me. Please don't take this personally.

Maybe you enjoy posting online anonymously (I personally have no problem with it), but basic netiquette would suggest that even if an email was *meant* for the entire list, if you received it *privately*, make sure and ask permission before forwarding it - or better yet, point it out to the sender.

Forwarding private messages like this is not very nice... especially not where reliability of a person is above all else.

        Gadi.