Dailydave mailing list archives

Re: Ejovi sueing the Japanese Govt for Censorship

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 18:18:07 +0200

wirepair wrote:
http://www.techworld.com/security/news/index.cfm?newsid=2662
"Ejovi Nuwere, chief technology officer of SecurityLab Technologies, is suing the government for violation of his freedom of speech under Article 21 of the Japanese Constitution. It is the first of its kind in Japan, according to his lawyer.

Unrelated but at the same country..
http://www.securityfocus.com/news/9975

I remember that Japan was the proud owner of the term "never took a hacker to trial" or maybe "never won taking one to trial". Actually, I am even pretty sure that a few years ago, Liraz Siri's "The Internet Auditing Project" was done all from machines in Japan for that very same reason.

I don't have the full facts regarding Japanese "cyber-crime" (I hate that term) history, but the above URL shows this is changing.

I suppose it is no longer a "safe haven" for "computer mis-doings", or is one case (we hear about) not the general policy?

        Gadi.